Under California law, a certain class of employees referred to as "nonexempt employees" are required to be paid time-and-a-half for any time in excess of 40 hours in a given week and any time in excess of eight hours in a given day. While these laws do not apply to workers in every industry, significant numbers of California workers are entitled to these legal protections.
Unfortunately, unscrupulous employers will often go to great lengths to avoid paying employees what they have rightfully earned. Employers will misclassify "nonexempt employees" as "exempt employees" so as to avoid overtime pay. Employers may "clock out" employees during what should be paid breaks so as to avoid paying them their wages in full. Employers may simply refuse to pay overtime when indeed they were obligated to do so. Simply put, there are no limits to the financial abuses employees often time suffer at the hands of unscrupulous employers.
Further, it is rare for only one or a few employees to be denied their rightful wages. Most often, this practice affects large classes of employees. Unfortunately, businesses often systemically perpetuate this injustice, failing to pay many individuals what they have rightfully earned. In these situations, class action litigation is a powerful tool to right these wrongs and hold employers accountable for their malfeasance.
Jerome Ringler of Ringler Law Corporation is one of the premier class action litigators in the United States. Over Ringler Law Corporation's career he has recovered many millions of dollars on behalf of working men and women in wage and hour litigation. The following cases are examples of Ringler Law Corporation's success in the class action field:
- $156 million class action verdict on behalf of doctors defrauded by an insurance company.
- $40 million recovered in a class action lawsuit for individuals financially defrauded by a major corporation.
- $12 million recovered in a class action lawsuit on behalf of pharmacists who were denied overtime pay by a major health care provider.
- $10 million recovered in a class action lawsuit on behalf of consumers financially harmed by the deceptive practices of a national retailer.
- $9 million recovered in a class action lawsuit for individuals financially harmed by a major corporation.
- $6.5 million recovered in a class action lawsuit on behalf of workers denied full pay for all overtime and other benefits.
- $6 million recovered in a class action lawsuit on behalf of workers denied full pay for all overtime and other benefits.
Ringler Law Corporation operates under the principle that less is more. Lawyers at Ringler Law Corporation take on relatively few cases, limiting their efforts to situations where people have been victimized by especially egregious treatment. In this way they are able to delve deeply into the legal and factual issues of a given claim, anticipating and overcoming obstacles in the litigation process.
Contact Ringler Law Corporation
To discuss your case with an attorney, complete the online contact form or call the office directly at 805-719-4903. From Santa Monica, Ringler Law Corporation represents classes across California and the United States.